Thursday, October 8, 2009




This is Barney. He is a lazy rat terrier. As you can see he has protected his chewies. Barney is my side kick in the house and Fred is my outside/trail riding dog. The neighbors and us share Fred. They call him Muttly when he's up there. Any time we are gone camping or whatever he goes to the neighbors and comes home when we do. The neighbors have two of his puppies and once in a while he brings them down to visit.
Barney is a different story. He had never been outside when we got him 6 or 7 years ago. He was 1 1/2 years old when we got and VERY distrustful. But we have been socializing him through camping and he is blossoming into a social butterfly but after he has visited he's ready to get back on the couch in the trailer and nap.
Barney is the wimpy one and Fred is the protector. Nice to have these guys when hubby is gone working away from home during the week. Love my animals!!!

3 comments:

  1. This must be good to your pet week. I know
    I appreciate my cat and dog more as I
    am in the house earlier in the evening and it
    would be totally empty without the cat teasing
    the dog and sneaking up on the dog. Dogs just
    don't have a chance against a cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My JRT says hello!

    A dog in you life is so much fun...while at my brother's, I was buddy to 3 cats!

    Pets rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to that!! I can hardly wait to get home to my equine, dogs, and cats. The cats live outside but they still come up every day for some lovins and food. That's my small rodent patrol although both my dogs catch mice. I can easily see how much Morris means to you.

    ReplyDelete