Monday, September 7, 2009

Pictures of Angel

Check out www.jrajphoto.smugmug.com under the first IDMS gallery then go to "Backdrop" and on the 4th page are pics of my 3 year old I am now riding and her trainer Sue White. Sue did an absolutely wonderful job on my mule and we are having the time of our lives. As one of my followers puts it "I will not be able to take pics riding this mule as it takes two hands right now to be sure you can keep them in check." Thanks Val for all your encouragement and knowing you are starting your own helps me to be able to mount this three year old and ride her with "some" confidence and every ride increases that confidence. She did a gigantic leap over a water crossing yesterday. Yee haw. Lived to tell about it though.

This is a whole new chapter in my life and my husband has been so helpful and encouraging as he wants this mule and I to succeed to get a legacy started for our jack. By the way he is one wonderful guy too and I had a talk with him to tell him what his big beautiful daughter is doing and he seemed to smile about that but I was also rubbing his ears!!!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on what seems to be a very sucessful start for a very young mule. You have so much to look forward to, and so many fun bridges to cross (no pun intended). The photos look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mj. It's been a long road but one worth traveling. I took some crap for having my futurity mule trained but I'm looking at the cost of the ER visit opposed to paying a professional trainer and good friend to do it the right way. I will never regret spending that money. What an animal. Love her!! She's young and has a long way to go and I hope I am in the saddle with her during her journeys. She's a great mount. Tall!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't ever think you have to take 'crap' for having someone train your mule, .. your reasoning is very solid. I think you are a wise woman!

    You will have many great journeys with her, I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Val!! I am wise enough to know now not to use spurs on her yet. I was mounting her last night and she step off as I was mounting and I drug my right spur down her side and she immediately yard darted me to the ground. Sore as heck today - can barely move. Hubby says I landed on my knees then did a flip. Anyhow when the dust settled I hurt like heck in my pubic area and that ended up swollen about as big as a fist. Knot on my head, right shoulder hurts, neck hurts, whole upper back hurts, but the pubic area will keep me from riding a few days. Owwweeyyy!!!!!! Now that thats over I will ride without spurs for a while. Truely was my fault and I vow not to do that again!! I'm not giving up though!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't give up. I have no clue as to operate spurs properly and like you they got me into playing a dirt dart.

    Feel better quickly and kudos for not giving up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry about the accident. If I know you, it
    will be the beginning not the end of Angel's
    life with you

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so right Jeanie and next year I will be hauling her to your house to ride. We'll do tons of ground work and that will help us to get a much closer connection!! She is awesome and I know you'll see that next year.

    ReplyDelete